Tuesday 26 May 2015

All day alone on the beach

We (the dogs and I) were on the beach when the sun came over the dunes!

Deepak Chopra told me today, that people often feel like they are going crazy when learning to be silent for long periods of time.  A moment of urgency comes over them.  

That was how I felt this morning, unable to do anything, because I had too much of nothing to do. 

So I went fishing!


Great morning for boating!
I heard Johnno and Steve's tinny leaving the creek around 5am this morning, first light, as they had planned.  A little lost with no-one to talk to over morning coffee, I went to the beach.  Flat water and clear skies, Johnno would be so happy!
Early morning light on the beach
 All photos are taken off the GoPro footage I recorded.  Johnno took the waterproof cased camera, I don't like bringing my Canon onto the beach while fishing, it's one or the other.

I recorded the out going tide washing away my foot prints.  Anyone turning up at low tide would think they were the only people who had been on the beach that morning.  Turns out I was the only person on this beach ALL DAY!!!  One car drove up the dunes, but didn't even stop, just turned around and went back the way they came.
Beautiful morning walk.

A morning of catching little Trevalley got Pup excited
Tide washing away my foot prints
 I spent the morning on the beach talking to the dogs and my GoPro, pretending that Johnno was just around the corner and we would walk back to camp together soon.
I spent the afternoon relaxing in the sun, listening to an Audio Book 'The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success', where the author talks about meditation, time alone, and the importance of silence.  Tomorrow I am not going to talk to the GoPro, I might not even take it...maybe that's going too far, I take a camera of some sort everywhere.
The dogs didn't need shouting at today, due to no-one else here all day.  Wonder how they will go if I don't talk to them, this could be an interesting experiment!  I'm sure if I walk off down the beach without saying anything they would follow, but would they come back when I do??  Haha, stay tuned to find out tomorrow.

Talking to the GoPro, my best friend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment